Press credentials for the Governors Challenge are issued for working media only. There are game viewing tables on the baseline of each court at the Wicomico Youth & Civic Center. High school facilities will not have table seating available. Accredited working media will have first priority for credentials and table seating. All others will be on a space-available basis. Box scores will be available at halftime and the end of every game at the scorers table.
Internet Access: Wi-Fi is available and wired internet is available upon request at the Wicomico Youth & Civic Center. High schools will have Wi-Fi available upon request.
- Deadline for media credentials requests is Dec. 20, 2020.
- All media should contact James Simmons by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request
media credentials with the following information included:
- Your media outlet (specify newspaper, TV, radio, online, etc.)
- Number of credentials requested with the name and title of each requester.
- If covering a specific team, the team(s) you will be covering.
- Before you send your email request, please title the subject line of the email as: "Governors Challenge Media Credentials"
- Media credentials will be distributed beginning on the first day of the tournament at the Wicomico Youth & Civic Center. The media check-in table will be set up in the main lobby and will open each day by 9 a.m.
- A business card or news ID may be requested at media check-in.
Thank you for your interest in covering the Governors Challenge Basketball Tournament!
Photos and videos on Wicomico County’s websites and social media accounts may contain images taken during public events, programs and activities. If you see a photo or video of yourself, or that you find objectionable, and that you would like removed from our galleries please contact us and we will review your request.
Social Media Guidelines
We encourage the community to interact with our social media posts. However, we reserve the right to delete certain types of comments
and posts from our pages. User-generated posts may be rejected or removed when the content includes any of the following:
- Incitement of violence or violent behavior
- Defamation or spread of misinformation
- Copyrighted or commercial material
- Fraudulent material or accusations
- Obscene or illegal material
- Off-topic or spam material